Mac n'cheese and Mud pies




Evening family meal up in town, got caught in the most territorial rain August has seen I think maybe forever. Never the less we travelled to Dover street for an American Brasserie dinner.


Dressed in my new Autumnal winter jacket from Topshop, and the fur is from a cardigan I got in New York from LOFT, if you want more details about my NY trip click  here.



Automat American Brasserie, Dover Street in Mayfair. Was a family dinner waiting to happen. Styled to look like a 50's interior of a train, the sound of nat king cole and other american legends gently playing in the background gave the atmosphere of the lost glamour of the decade.






Mojitos on a Saturday..what else. I would also recommend the Californian Ice tea, very subtle and o so delicious.


Well know for their burgers (and large portions) they did not disappoint. An almost deconstructed burger and plenty of fries.


My choice was slightly more indulgent, a large portion of their mac and cheese...with bacon ad spinach. No wonder this is one of their most popular dishes. If you want comfort food, look no further. 


 




Daddy and Daughter


Now if like me you're greedy... and love pudding, have the Mississippi mud pie with pistachio ice cream.

My family always laugh at me for..
1.) always ordering dessert.
2.)always ordering the chocolatiest/most fattening/indulgent  one on the menu.


..bearing that in mind I think I can say with confidence the best dessert I have had in a long time. So good my parents requested two more spoons to my disgust.

They also do brunch which without doubt I will be investigating in the near future.